Synthetic fibers are the result of extensive research by scientists to improve on naturally occurring animal and plant fibers which are created by forcing, usually through extrusion, fiber forming materials through holes (called spinnerets) into the air, forming a thread. Synthetic polymers are polymer based and start life in the fibre production process as granulated polymer. The quality of the incoming polymer is tested and verified using a Tinius Olsen Melt Flow indexer in accordance with ISO 1133 and or ASTM D1238. In developing our MP1200 Melt indexer, we asked our Global Customer base what they liked and did not like about our previous generations of Melt Indexers, we listened to the feedback and implemented the best of the ideas in our MP1200 series. Tinius Olsen is proud to introduce the latest addition to its polymer testing line, the MP1200 Melt Flow Indexer/Extrusion Plastometer. The MP1200 features the latest in melt flow measurement technology and allows operators to quickly and easily set up and perform melt flow tests; according to ASTM D1238, ISO 1133-1 & 2, D3364, JIS K7210 and other international and industrial specifications.
- Touch screen in support of easy function selection and quick testing.
- Three zone furnace with PID controller resulting in a barrel temperature uniformity of +/-0.1 degree C.
- Manual and Auto cutter options.
- Built in mirror in support of procedure A testing manual cuts.
- USB connectivity.
- Options for procedure A, B and automation.
- Profiled weights for safe and easy operator handling.
- Tinius Olsen Horizon software compatible connects multiple machines; consolidates test results with tensile, flex, impact, HDT and Vicat test results into a single database and test report.
To get your copy of the latest MP1200 melt indexer brochure, please click here